Led by Jameson, Irish Distillers’ brands are driving a global renaissance in Irish whiskey. Jameson is the world’s best-known Irish whiskey, exported to over 130 markets and hitting sales of 8 million cases in 2019.
Irish Distillers was formed in 1966, when a merger took place between John Power & Son, John Jameson & Son and Cork Distilleries Company. In 1988 Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard, gaining access to unprecedented levels of investment and an extensive global distribution network.
We employ over 600 people across our operations in Cork, Dublin and Belfast.
Culture & Values
At Irish Distillers we live and love whiskey. Inspired by our founders, we’ve protected our craft and family with fierce determination over the centuries. Their uncompromising commitment to do their best, use the best ingredients – and be the best – made us who we are today. We are understated yet unstoppable, supportive but adventurous, independent, with a talent for collaboration.
Our values are REAL, REMARKABLE and RESPONSIBLE.
Sustainability & Responsibility
Our commitment to protecting the environment, valuing our people and the communities from which we have grown is at the heart of our business. Our approach to sustainability and responsibility is based on minimising our environmental impact while maximising our contribution to society. Our strategy is available to download here.
At Irish Distillers we have always been deeply embedded in the communities from which we have grown and give back through local charity partnerships, volunteer leave and Employee Matched Funding Schemes. Every year our highlight is “Responsib’All Day” where all our employees down tools to take part in a Corporate Volunteering Day.
Transitioning from being a student can be challenging for any young person. At Irish Distillers, our culture empowers you to take positive steps to lead a healthy, balanced lifestyle and be your best in work and outside work Our Wellbeing Programme “THRIVE” supports our people around the three main pillars of Life, Body and Mind. Our supports include:
- Virtual fitness classes
- A confidential employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Flu vaccinations
- Dedicated well-being portal
- Mental health workshops
- Health insurance advice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bi-monthly education and tips on diet, sleep, mental and physical wellbeing
- Ergonomics support
Better balance in Engineering
While our focus is always on the individual, not their gender, Irish Distillers has created a supportive environment for women in production. We are committed to nurturing female talent to maintain a strong pipeline of skilled female professionals within our operations. We are proud that 72% of our current & alumni Graduate Engineers are female. We achieve this by providing an inclusive work environment with supports including mentoring, flexible working, wellbeing programme, maternity coaching and more.
"My advice to other women interested in STEM is simply to be fearless in pursuing the career you want, even if it’s in a traditionally male sector. You will be surprised by the strides that you can achieve. I have been supported by Irish Distillers every step of the way, and even picked up a Cork accent." -- Larissa Marrichi - Distiller, Micro Distillery
What we offer
Salary & Profit Share
- Competitive salary
- Profit share after 15 months
Pension & Savings
- Employer matching of up to 10% of salary
- Saving schemes
- 2 days Volunteer Leave
- Annual Responsib’ALL day
- 20 days annual leave
- Subsidised canteen
- Range of discounts with retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing portal and events
- Virtual fitness classes
How to apply
- Applications opened on 1st of September 2020 for Engineers commencing our Programme on 1st of Sept 2021.
- Applications closed on 29th of October 2020.
- Level 8 or 9 degree is required
- To apply you should be an upcoming or recent graduate of Process & Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Design or Automation Engineering.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting video interviews throughout September and October.
- Please read our Frequently Asked Questions before you start the application process. These questions are very important to ensure you have a seamless application experience.
Applications are now closed