- Applications open on 1st of September 2020 for Engineers commencing our Programme on 1st of Sept 2021.
- Applications closed on 29th of October 2020.
- Level 8 or 9 degree is required
- To apply you should be an upcoming or recent graduate of Process & Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Design or Automation Engineering.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting video interviews throughout September and October.
The application process
Our application process involves 4 clear stages outlined in more detail below.
1. Online Application
Once you click apply, you will be brought to our recruitment system called Workday. You will need to set up a candidate profile to allow you to upload, track and update your application. Please refer to FAQs below before starting the application process.
2. Online face to face interview
Once we have reviewed your application, we will invite selected candidates for an online video interview. These interviews will take place over September, October and early November. This step allows us to get to know you better and understand your background and career aspirations. It will be 30 minutes and take place over Microsoft Teams.
3. Assessment Centre
Our in-person Assessment Centre will involve a short pre-prepared presentation, a group exercise and an interview with a member of our production leadership team. This will take place in mid-November. (subject to Government advice regarding Covid-19)
We expect that offers will be sent to successful graduates by early December 2020. We will then issue you with a contract of employment, which will enable you to be set up on our HR systems. Our Recruitment team will go through the offer in full detail and will address any questions you have.
- When will applications close?
- Applications closed on Thursday, October 29th 2020.
- Should I apply before the closing date?
- Yes, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting video interviews with our Graduate Engineering Team right throughout September and October.
- How do I make an online application?
- Your start your application by accessing our Global Pernod Ricard Recruitment system called
- Click on the Apply Now button at the top right of this page which will direct you to our job advert
- Click on the Apply Now button on our job advert which will direct you to the recruitment system.
- Please do not apply using your LinkedIn profile
- You will need to create your own personal account to allow you to upload your CV and complete the application.
- You will receive a verification e-mail with your username and a separate login. Click on the email link to activate your account. You can now complete your application. Please activate the link within 7 days.
- What are the steps involved in the online application?
- Once you have activated your account, you will be asked to attach and upload your CV, add your personal details and your work & education history. You will then be asked to answer some short and general questions about your background and interest in Irish Distillers. Below are the questions we recommend you prepare in advance.
- WHAT QUESTIONS WILL I BE ASKED? I NEED TO PREPARE MY ANSWERS IN ADVANCE
- Why are you interested in applying to the Engineering Graduate Programme at Irish Distillers? How do you feel your skills are relevant? (150 - 400 words max)
- Why did you decide to study your chosen engineering specialism? (150 -400 words max)
- Describe a project that you have worked on during your studies? (150- 400 words max)
- What have been your favourite 2 modules in University and how are they relevant to the work we do? (150-400 words max)
- Tell us more about your work experience and how the skills you acquired might be transferable to Irish Distillers? (150-400 words max)
- What is your greatest achievement? (150- 400 words max)
- CAN I SAVE MY APPLICATION AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER DATE?
- Firstly, we recommend you prepare and save the answers in a document in advance, so you can
take the time to reflect on your responses. You will find the detailed questions we ask
You can go back to your application at any time. It is saved in real-time as you add the information. We have no visibility of your application information until you press "Submit" at the very end once you are happy with everything.
- CAN I APPLY BY EMAIL INSTEAD?
- Unfortunately, no. All applications must be tracked through our recruitment system. See below if you are experiencing difficulties.
- HOW LONG WILL THE APPLICATION PROCESS TAKE?
- It really depends on how prepared you are. It should not take more than 20-30 minutes once you have the answers to the questions above prepared. Don't forget you can always save your application and return to it if want to go offline to prepare your answers.
- CAN I RE-APPLY IF I AM UNSUCCESSFUL?
- Yes, you can reapply the following year. Every application is a learning experience.
- I'VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD. CAN I RESET IT?
- Yes, just go back into the jobs advert via the APPLY NOW above and you can reset your password at the Sign In button on the top right.
- CAN I APPLY IF I'VE ALREADY GRADUATED?
- Yes, of course.
- CAN I GET FEEDBACK?
- We will provide feedback after the video interview or after the Assessment Centre.
- WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE VIDEO INTERVIEW?
- During the virtual Microsoft Teams interview, selected candidates will speak with a member of our Graduate Engineering Recruitment Team. It will be a non-technical interview that centres around your career ambitions, work, college and life experience. This will take no more than 30 minutes. It is also be an opportunity for you to ask questions.
- WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE?
- The assessment will involve a short presentation which selected candidates will prepare in advance. This will be followed with a face-to-face interview with HR and/or a member of our production leadership team. The location and more detailed information will be confirmed closer to the time.
- CAN I DO ANY TRAINING OR PREPARATION FOR THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE?
- We will give you more details when we invite you to the Assessment Centre, but we do encourage you to prepare by reflecting on your experience and having good, structured examples of when you have demonstrated the skills we are looking for.
- MIGHT ASSESSMENT CENTRES BE VIRTUAL WITH CURRENT COVID-19?
- Government guidance is constantly changing and the safety of our employees and candidates is paramount. We hope to complete socially distanced assessments in November, however we will review this on an ongoing basis.
- WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE FOR THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE?
- We suggest smart casual.
- I'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IRISH DISTILLERS AND JAMESON. WHERE CAN I FIND THIS INFORMATION?
- We have lots of detail on our Jameson Engineering Graduate Programme website however we'd also recommend visiting the Irish Distillers website and the Jameson Whiskey websites. Feel free to follow us on our social media channels that will offer you more insights. The Irish Distillers company page on LinkedIn provides regular updates on what is happening in our business.
- AM I ABLE TO APPLY FOR BOTH THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME AND THE ENGINEERING PROGRAMME?
- You can apply for both programmes. However, if you are offered and accept a position on the Engineering programme, you cannot proceed with your application for the International programme. If you choose not to accept an offer, you can progress an application for the International Graduate Programme. Please note, the closing date for the Engineering Programme is 29th of October. The closing date for the International Programme is mid-January.
- DO YOU HAVE MINIMUM ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- No, however we would like to understand your projected degree grade (overall result: GPA on the online application). We look for people with the right attitude, who fit our unique culture, so we will take every aspect into account.
- CAN I SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT YOUR GRADUATE ENGINEERING PROGRAMME OR APPLICATION PROCESS?
- We hope we have responded to all possible questions here. However, if you still have a question, please feel free to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as quickly as we can. Please include your mobile number with the query.
- CAN I APPLY TO THE ENGINEERING GRADUATE PROGRAMME IF I NEED A WORK PERMIT?
- Sorry, we can only hire people who are eligible to work in Ireland.
- CAN I HIGHLIGHT MY PREFERENCE FOR CORK OR DUBLIN IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Yes, you can highlight your preference, or you can select both. Both Dublin and Cork offer fantastic opportunities.
- I'M EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- If you are experiencing difficulties, please feel free to contact email@example.com. To avoid disappointment, we recommend applying as early as you can in case you do encounter difficulties.<.
- GREAT, I'M CLEAR ON EVERYTHING, HOW DO I START THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Click the Apply Now button below to start your application. This will redirect you to our corporate site and from there please press "Apply Now" to create your account and initiate the application process.
Ready to get started?
Applications are now closed