The Jameson Engineering Graduate Programme offers bright and ambitious engineers the opportunity to begin an exciting career with the world’s leading producer of Irish whiskey. Our ambition is to support you to become our engineers of the future.
Graduates will work alongside a world-class whiskey production team in a structured and challenging placement that offers real responsibilities, planned learning, defined rotations and project work.
This two-year programme offers opportunities at either Midleton Distillery, Cork where the world’s best-selling Irish whiskeys are created, or at our Bottling Operations Plant in Dublin where our whiskeys are bottled before being exported around the globe.
You will work with innovative processes and state-of-the-art technology, while drawing on the legacy of our great whiskey makers. From process improvement, automation and sustainability projects, there has never been a more exciting time to join Irish Distillers.
This year we are seeking Level 8 and 9 graduates from the following courses: Process & Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Design or Automation Engineering.
Led by Jameson, Irish Distillers’ brands are driving the global renaissance in Irish whiskey. In 1988 Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard, gaining access to unprecedented levels of investment and an extensive global distribution network.
Our production facilities are based in Midleton, Cork and in Clondalkin in Dublin. Midleton Distillery is a complex production environment located on a 65-hectare site. Every drop of the Irish Distillers portfolio, which includes brands such as Jameson, Powers, Midleton Very Rare, the Spot range, Redbreast and Method & Madness are distilled and matured in Midleton. Our Distillery equipment includes fermenters, distillation pots, distillation columns, boilers, pumps, valves and instruments along with an automation control system.
Whiskey from Midleton is transported to Fox and Geese bottling plant in Dublin where it is bottled, packaged and distributed in a world class manufacturing environment, before being exported to over 130 markets around the world. Our highly automated state of the art process systems and packaging equipment includes high speed filling and labelling equipment.
Since 2012, Irish Distillers has invested almost €400m to double production at Midleton Distillery and bottling capacity at Fox and Geese in Dublin to meet global demand for our products.
What we look for
Our culture is a blend of curiosity and craic and our enthusiasm for what we do is infectious. We are looking for a mindset, as well as a skillset. We are looking for:
- Level 8 and 9 graduates
- Graduates of Process & Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Design or Automation Engineering
- Curious self-starters, who are great communicators and view a challenge as an opportunity
- Graduates who can collaborate, be decisive, be courageous and adaptable
- Engineers who will cultivate innovation and embrace nimble learning
What we offer
Salary & Profit Share
- Competitive salary
- Profit share after 15 months
Pension & Savings
- Employer matching of up to 10% of salary
- Saving schemes
- 2 days Volunteer Leave
- Annual Responsib’ALL day
- 20 days annual leave
- Subsidised canteen
- Range of discounts with retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing portal and events
- Virtual fitness classes
Our goal is to enable you become our future generation of engineers by offering you a Graduate Training Programme that fuels your ambition. Our supportive and structured learning programme offers you technical, professional and personal development. This includes:
- Structured rotations (3 to 9 month rotations)
- Mentor and buddy framework
- Technical skills development
- Professional skills development
- Project work
How to apply
- Applications open on 1st of September 2020 for Engineers commencing our Programme on 1st of Sept 2021.
- Applications close on 29th of October 2020.
- Level 8 or 9 degree is required
- To apply you should be an upcoming or recent graduate of Process & Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Design or Automation Engineering.
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting video interviews throughout September and October.
- Please read our Frequently Asked Questions before you start the application process. These questions are very important to ensure you have a seamless application experience.